Fashion » Jaime King: ‘I believed I had to look like a 14-year-old’

Jaime King: I believed I had to look like a 14 year old | jaime king
Jaime King

In 2009, Jaime King was one of the actresses that had the public worried for her extreme weight loss and super skinny figure (picture on the right). We haven’t seen much of her since then, except at an event where she appeared much healthier in 2010 (see the post here) and today, she has an explanation for her yo-yo-ing – from Daily Mail:
Actress Jaime King, 32, admitted that she developed an obsession with having a 20-inch waist in the early Nineties, when the super-skinny heroin-chic look was in vogue (indeed, she did more then just look the part – for a time she even became addicted to the drug).
‘I grew up in Hollywood, and my whole life I’ve believed that I have to look like a 14-year-old.
‘I’ve had this weird expectation that I should weigh 118lb even though I’m 5ft 8½.’
Even today, though she is addressing her problems with a nutritionist, she admits she ‘eats like a toddler’.She says she exists on ‘little bites of lots of different things, like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, turkey bacon, oatmeal and chocolate-covered pretzels.’
Jaime King: I believed I had to look like a 14 year old | jaime king
Jaime King