Gossip » Tim Gunn: ‘Kirstie Alley Is Not a Size 4′

http://celebrity-universe.blogspot.com/
Kirstie Alley

Even though Kirstie Alley has been saying for a while that she is now wearing a US size 4, there are a lot of people who seem to disagree. One of them – Project Runway’s Tim Gunn. Let’s see the full story from US Weekly:
Kristie Alley has majorly slimmed down since her stint on the ABC show. “I’ve lost 100 pounds,” she told Entertainment Tonight in an interview that aired Tuesday.
“I feel like I’m back in my element,” the 60-year-old said. “I honestly didn’t even realize what I looked like.”
“Before Dancing with the Stars, I bought these dresses from size 14 to 4,” she explained. “[They were] all the same dress, and I said, ‘You know what I really want? I really wanna be in this dress in a 4!’”
When Kirstie Alley revealed in an Entertainment Tonight clip that she has lost 100 pounds since being on Dancing with the Stars and is down to a size 4, Tim Gunn raised a perfectly groomed, silver eyebrow.
In an interview with Tampa radio station 98.7 FM, the Project Runway star shed some light on the actress’ size claim saying, “There is a phenomenon out there right now that I call the lying deceptive shell game of vanity sizing. In fact a 4 is really a 6 or an 8.”
The chief creative director for Liz Claiborne explained his theory, which was based on an experiment he did at Parsons.
“We took a size 8 dress from 1980 one from 1990 and one from 2000 and compared them — the difference between them was two and a half inches in the waist alone!” said Gunn.
As for Alley’s true size, the fashion guru guesses that she’s between a size 8 and a 10. “But she looks fabulous,” he added. “People are too size conscious.”